DOWNLOAD LINK: DOWNLOAD A COPY OF SARA CONSTITUTION
Version 3.0 30_5_201. NAME OF THE ASSOCIATION
The Association shall bear the name SEYCHELLES AMATEUR RADIO ASSOCIATION2. PLACE OF BUSINESS
The place of business of the Association shall be at THE RESIDENCE OF MR RICHARD JOHN PERKS
– LA MISERE, MAHE or any other place in the Seychelles which the Association may from time to time determine.3. OBJECTIVES
- to promote, advance and represent in any way it thinks fit, Amateur Radio and the interests of Radio Amateurs,
- to protect and enhance the privileges of Radio Amateurs,
- to encourage an awareness of the value of Amateur Radio,
- to educate and encourage potential Radio Amateurs,
- to represent Radio Amateurs both nationally and internationally,
- to provide services for Radio Amateurs and those interested in Amateur Radio, and
- to do all other lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of these objectives or any of them or which may be calculated to advance directly or indirectly the interests of the Association.
Subject to the Associations Act, the quorum for an Annual General Meeting or a General Meeting shall be not less than three-fifths of the total number of Ordinary members of the registered Association. Not less than three fifths need to be present in person or by proxy. It shall be lawful for two-thirds of the number of members present in person or by proxy at such meeting to add to, alter or otherwise amend the rules of the Association.5. DUTIES OF THE OFFICE BEARERS ON THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE Chairperson
- Shall be the head of the Association responsible to ensure the proper functioning of the Association's activities and shall act on its behalf with the co-operation of the Management Committee (MC).
- Shall manage the Association's staff if any
- Shall preside over all meetings
- Shall at Annual General Meeting submit a report on the activities of the Association
- Shall have an extra vote on a decision in a case where there is a tie
- Shall sign cheques drawn on behalf of the Association along with the Treasurer or Secretary. Two of three signatories required.
- Shall replace the Chairperson in his/her absence and preside over all meetings
- Shall convene all meetings of the Association and draw up the proceedings of the meeting
- Shall after confirmation, countersign the minutes along with the Chairperson
- Shall be responsible for all the correspondence. He/she shall be in charge of all secretarial duties
- Shall have custody of all records of the Association and keep a register of members
- In the absence of the Secretary, the Chairperson shall nominate a member from the Association to replace him/her during the period of his/her absence.
- Shall sign cheques drawn on behalf of the Association along with the Chairperson or Treasurer. Two of three signatories required.
6. ADMISSION, REJECTION, AND REMOVAL OF MEMBERS
- Shall give advice on financial matters to the Association
- Shall keep proper accounts and a record of all financial and related matters of the Association and shall in respect of each financial year; prepare a statement of accounts
- Shall cause the accounts to be audited by an auditor appointed under this constitution
- Shall sign cheques drawn up on behalf of the Association along with the Chairperson or Secretary. Two of three signatories required.
7. TERMINATION OR END OF MEMBERSHIP
- The management committee must consider an application for membership at the latest at the next committee meeting held after it receives—
- the application for membership; and
- the appropriate membership fee for the application.
- The management committee must ensure that, as soon as possible after the person applies to become a member of the Association, and before the management committee considers the persons application, the person is advised—
- whether or not the Association has public liability insurance; and
- if the Association has public liability insurance—the amount of the insurance.
- The management committee must decide at the meeting whether to accept or reject the application.
- If a majority of the members of the management committee present at the meeting vote to accept the applicant as a member, the applicant must be accepted as a member.
- The secretary of the Association must, as soon as practicable after the management committee decides to accept or reject an application, give the applicant a written notice of the decision.
|A member may resign from the Association at any time by giving notice in writing to the secretary.
|The resignation shall take effect at—
|the time the notice is received by the secretary; or
|if a later time is stated in the notice—the later time.
8. APPEAL AGAINST REJECTION OR TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
|The management committee may terminate a membership if a member-
|is convicted of an indictable offence; or
|does not comply with any of the provisions of these rules; or
|has membership fees in arrears for a period of two months or more; or
|conducts himself in a manner considered to be injurious or prejudicial to the character or interests of the Association.
|Before the management committee terminates a member’s membership, the
|committee must give the member a full and fair opportunity to show why the
|membership should not be terminated.
|If, after considering all representations made by the member, the management
|committee decides to terminate the membership, the secretary of the committee must
give the member a written notice of the decision.
9. GENERAL MEETING TO DECIDE APPEAL
- A person whose application for membership has been rejected, or whose membership has been terminated, may give the secretary written notice of the persons intention to appeal against the decision.
- A notice of intention to appeal must be given to the secretary within 1 month after the person receives written notice of the decision.
- If the secretary receives a notice of intention to appeal, the secretary must, within 1 month after receiving the notice, call a general meeting to decide the appeal.
10. MODE OF VOTING
- The general meeting to decide an appeal must be held within 3 months after the secretary receives the notice of intention to appeal.
- At the meeting, the applicant must be given a full and fair opportunity to show why the application should not be rejected or the membership should not be terminated.
- Also, the management committee and the members of the committee who rejected the application or terminated the membership must be given a full and fair opportunity to show why the application should be rejected or the membership should be terminated.
- An appeal must be decided by a majority vote of the members present and eligible to vote at the meeting.
- If a person whose application for membership has been rejected does not appeal against the decision within 1 month after receiving written notice of the decision, or the person appeals but the appeal is unsuccessful, the secretary must, as soon as practicable, refund the membership fee paid by the person.
Voting at all AGM's or EGM's shall be by show of hands or by secret ballots as may be decided by the majority of members present11. APPOINTMENT OF AUDITOR
The treasurer shall cause the accounts and financial records to be audited by an auditor appointed by the members of an AGM.
The audited statement of accounts shall be presented to the AGM for its approval or otherwise.12. INSPECTION OF BOOKS
The records of the proceeding of the Management Committee (MC) and the Annual General Meetings and General Meetings, the audited accounts and record containing the names of the members shall be open to inspection by the members during such reasonable times and place which the MC may notify to the members.13. AMENDMENT TO CONSTITUTION
A General meeting may, subject to the laws of Seychelles amend this Constitution.
A General meeting may subject to the laws of Seychelles, dissolve this Association.
15. OPENING A COMMERCIAL BANK ACCOUNT
The Association will be able to open a commercial bank account.
I hereby certify that this constitution is to be a true copy of the original adopted at a duly convened meeting held on 30th May 2020.
SECRETARY ………………………………….. DATED……………………………..
NAME: Mr A Quatre
NAME: Mr R Perks