VISITOR LICENCE APPLICATION MANUAL:
1. You send an email with your request to DICT with email copy to SLA, you should provide information as recommended below.
- For any visitors wishing to operate Amateur Radios in Seychelles they have to contact the Local Regulator DICT (Department Department of Information Communications Technology - Communications Division), SLA (Seychelles Licensing Authority) and SRC (Seychelles Revenue Commission) and have all necessary paperwork in hand before arrival to the country.
TO email "DICT": firstname.lastname@example.org
CC email: "SLA" (Ms Miranda Benoiton): email@example.com
- We recommend including in your email as much information as possible about your planned trip and intended Radio Amateur Activities. It is recommended you include below information in your initial request:
My name is xxx__xxxx and I am planning to visit Seychelles and enjoy radio amateur hobby.
I am planning to operate (please specify frequency bands) using the equipment (please specify transceiver(s) make models) from the following locations (please specify locations, i.e. Mahe, Praslin, La-Digue, outer Islands, etc).
Further details are provided below:"PLEASE INCLUDE ALL BELOW DETAILS:
- Your contact information
A) Please include “The contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of your location of stay in Seychelles”.
- Copy of your passport (photo page)
- Dates you will be staying in Seychelles
- Location of your accommodation(s)
- Copy of your current amateur licence
- The make and model and quantity of:
A) Amateur radios;
B) Antennas to be installed;
C) Typical setup of the antenna system to be used (please provide pictures of setup if available).
- Location(s) of operating the equipment in the Seychelles
(e.g.: At Accommodation, from the vehicle, on the move, as maritime mobile, operating from summits [SOTA], operating in the field, etc.)
- Intended use of equipment
(e.g.: International and Local communications on HF, EME, VHF/UHF Low Orbit Satellite Repeaters, Talking to Local HAMs, etc.)2. You wait for DICT to respond, and you follow their instructions accordingly.3. At one stage you will need to fill-up an SLA Application form (attached below link) for for your Local Licence to be issued.
NOTE: You are welcome to reach out to Local Amateurs for guidance and/or assistance with filling-up the form.
- LICENCE APPLICATION FORM (from SLA Website). \
To download it, please right click on this link and choose "SAVE LINK AS": LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE LICENCE APPLICATION FORMNOTE:
SLA will advise you concerning any licensing fees - if applicable.3. Once you receive "Authorization to Import and Operate" you need to email final form to local customs to stamp your "TEMPORARY ADMISSION OF GOODS" as radios are Import Control item in Seychelles. FORM TO DOWNLOAD
: https://www.src.gov.sc/resources/Forms/2019/temporaryadmission2019.pdfEmail it to: firstname.lastname@example.orgNOTE: If you fail to get this form stamped before your arrival, your radio equipment can be held at customs passenger terminal and delayed for clearing.4. On arrival at the Seychelles airport you should declare your radio equipment to a customs officer and show copy of above form as well as Authorization Letter from DICT.REFERENCE TO LOCAL BANDPLAN:
IF ABOVE IS ANY OF DIFFICULTY, PLEASE CONTACT US VIA CONTACT FORM OR EMAIL
^Posted By Kamil Korneluk (S79KW) on 11th Dec 2020 & Updated on 9th May 2021 by S79KW as well as 27th September 2021 (simplified version).